Kettering General Hospital
Welcome to Kettering General Hospital, we offer a wide range of services. We recognise our role in providing health care to the community and our responsibility as a larger employer in Kettering.
At Kettering General Hospital, we recruit our talent based around our four CARE value which are at the heart of everything that we do. If you have these qualities and attributes, then you are ready to begin your NHS career with #TeamKGH.
Kettering General Hospital is located in the beautiful countryside of Northamptonshire. It has excellent road and rail network links to and from London, the East Midlands and Birmingham and the hospital is just off the A14 giving easy access to the M1.
We provide acute healthcare services for the people of North Northamptonshire and South Leicestershire. Our services are delivered from our main hospital site in Kettering, and satellite outpatient facilities at Nene Park in Irthlingborough, Corby Health Complex and Isebrook Hospital in Wellingborough.
There is no better time to join Kettering General Hospital as we have started on a major programme to secure new investment in our buildings that enables us to improve our services and benefit our patients and the wider health and social care system. We have received provisional funding of £46M to build a new Urgent Care Hub to replace our current A&E department and have been selected as one of 21 NHS Trusts eligible to apply for government funding to improve our buildings and estate as part of the Health Infrastructure Plan.
Click below to discover more about us and see our latest roles…
In just a few years’ time, Kettering General Hospital and Northampton General Hospital will have an amazing story to tell… how they turned competition into collaboration, variation into seamless alignment, and CQC ratings of ‘Requires Improvement’ into ‘Outstanding’
Developing a Group Model with NGH means:
- Retaining the identity of NGH and KGH
- A commitment to two hospitals with key facilities such as A&E, paediatrics and maternity services in Northampton and Kettering
- Sharing expertise and developing new approaches to team working
- A common approach with an emphasis on transformation and quality improvement for our patients
- Improving and increasing the level of services we provide by working together
- Ensuring the clinical and financial sustainability of both hospitals
- Providing good career progression opportunities for our staff – making Northamptonshire a more attractive place to work
What people are saying
"Working at Kettering General Hospital for me feels like home. I have worked here for almost 19 years and still enjoy it as much as day one. What makes it for me is the people, it is like my second family. KGH is my local hospital and I am passionate about its future”
Anne Marie Reid
Latest NHS Jobs at Kettering General Hospital